Friday, April 1, 2016

Finalized Poster


The message of my poster advocates for the education of younger girls, especially in areas where there is little to no access to education and where females are marginalized and mistreated. To illustrate the subject, I used imagery of a young girl (my own image), who represents the Middle Eastern child refugees who are stripped of their access to education, and more specifically young female refugees who are often mistreated. I integrated arabic script from a book into the words to further specify the child's identity and portray the high illiteracy rate among refugees and especially refugee children. I intentionally used the primary colors (red, yellow, blue) as my color scheme because those colors are often associated with early childhood education. I believe the most successful part of my poster is how I integrated the letters into the image of the girl by manipulating the opacity letters and the fill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment