Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Book Pages

Page 1

 

In my lines page, I expressed my chosen theme of change through use of changing and moving patterns. I aimed to express a feeling a change in these line patters with their form, opacity, depth, and relation to each other. The focal point in this image is the jagged line towards the lower center of the page which resembles the preceding lines, contrasts greatly with the dark background and is the only one to move backwards in space through use of continuing lines.

Page 2


In my second page, I expressed change through use of patterns and imagery relating to the subject. The focal point is the image of the changing cell (cell division) in the center of the page, which I image traced and manipulated using varying patterns in replacement of solid color within the cells. 

Page 3 


In this page, I used changing/varying forms of water to express change. I included imagery of melting ice, splashes of water, bubbles, and water vapor, which I image traced into a similar style, showing the unity of the compound while also showing it's varying states. My focal point is the melting ice cube towards the center of the page, which represents a change in the structure of water very familiar to us. 

Page 4


In my last page, I expressed a change in humanity and culture rather than elemental or atomic change. This image is a factory worker during the industrial era in the late 19th to early 20th centuries with a modernized computer. This shows a change in the technological standards of the Western world. I strategically used modern color in the factory worker to contrast with the old-fashioned and dull color scheme of the rest of the factory, as well as a bright white color of the computer to show newness and represent the classic desktop computers which were popularized in the late 80's and early 90's. The focal point of this piece is the worker looking at his computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment